cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem beim Sichern eines ESX-Servers

Alias
Level 3

Hallo zusammen,

beim erstellen eines Sicherungs-Jobs für einen ESX(4)-Server bekomme ich nach dem Auswählen der virtuellen Maschinen bei der Überprüfung der Login-Daten einen Fehler. Als Login-Daten habe ich bis zum Root alle möglichen versucht. Nur schlagen die Verbindungstests weiterhin fehl.

Kann es damit zusammenhängen, dass ich auf dem Medienserver kein lokales "root"-Konto angelegt habe? Problem wäre hierbei, das es sich bei dem Medienserver um einen (Backup)-Domänencontroller handelt. Dort sind hier keine lokalen Benutzerkonten möglich.

Oder liegt es evtl. doch an etwas ganz anderem?

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alias
Level 3

Hello Craig,

installing the last vmWare-Update (4.1 (?)) solved the problem. I don´t know why... But backups of the ESX-Server went fine :)

Frank

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi frank,

Generally you install the AVVI agent, and then you're able to see the Virtual Center as it unlocks the functionality. I take it that you're navigating to the VMs through the Virtual Center? You would simply select the account that you set up in VMware.

Is this the case?

Also, get hold of the Admin Guide on the link below if you don't have it already. Give the section about the AVVI agent a read, and see if it helps. Please post back with an update...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/TECHNICAL_SOLUTION/77000/TECH77887/en_US/338514.pdf

Alias
Level 3

Hello Craig,

installing the last vmWare-Update (4.1 (?)) solved the problem. I don´t know why... But backups of the ESX-Server went fine :)

Frank