cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem converting MMS to LMS in BUE2014

Codders
Level 4

Hi everyone,

Apologise to those who may have read one of my previous articles about this - unfortunately I've logged with Symantec tech support but for some reason the issue on our servers seems to be unique and as yet unresolved.  Let me explain...

I have 1 x virtual server running BUE 2014 with the CASO option installed.

We also have 2 x MMS BUE 2014 servers configured to use the above server.

Our backup process is designed as follows:

Backup our virtual and physical servers to one of the MMS servers.  We'll then duplicate the jobs to the second MMS server (which incidently is located at another office).  There's also a step required to push the data to tape once per week also but I'll leave that for another day.

The problem I'm having is simple.  Despite following the KB articles I'm unable to convert an MMS (either of them) into an LMS.  The reason I want to convert an MMS to an LMS is that I'm testing what would happen if we lost our head office (and thus the CAS server).  To simulate a failure I'm switching off the CASO server.  The problem with following the KB article is that after my CASO server is not detected I'm prompted to select a SQL instance - however there is no option to choose a SQL server, just an OK button and then we're back to square one.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I've uninstalled and re-install BUE across the whole environment several times.  The only thing I've not done is to uninstall the OS and start from scratch.

Thanks,

Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I have found an internal workaround and have communicated the same with the engineer who was earlier working on your case.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I have found an internal workaround and have communicated the same with the engineer who was earlier working on your case.

Codders
Level 4

Thanks VJware.  I'll wait for the engineer to contact me.  Again your help is much appreciated.