cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem durin installation,error??

StockholmGuy
Level 6

Error message is attached attached also.?

Central admin server is no longer licencesd in this upgrade.you may not remove this license during the upgrade.

I cannot install it ,how can solve this,Need urgent help ..Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

StockholmGuy
Level 6

Central Admin server is no longer lincecsed in this upgrade.................

error message is attached.............

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are upgrading the Central Admin Server and not inserting the License key for it then you will get this error. Please enter the License key during the uograde.

If you do not have the License key then before upgrading the CAS server make it as a standalone server. Note that will loose connection with all the Managed Media Server.

Refer to following technote

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139171 : Central Admin Server Option is no longer licensed in this upgrade. You may not remove this license during the upgrade. To continue, either add a license key for Central Admin Server Option, upgrade as trail, or remove the option in the previous version, then continue the upgrade.

Thanks,

-Sush...

StockholmGuy
Level 6

I removed the option from the previous version.and now it solved but there is SQL express that is not installed and installation failed.

I dont know what to do ,i have removed cas so i cant run the old 11D also.

How can i reinstall CAS server again at old 11D so that i can atleast have the older version unless the new upgrade is complete.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can re-enter the CAS license which will again make that 11d server as CAS server.

Thanks,

-Sush...

StockholmGuy
Level 6

How i can make this happen:? as i dont have the license key as it is expired version.

But i want to run this for one week an dthen i will install new BE2010

?