cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when installing CPS 11d

Jay_Chan
Level 2
Our company have subscripted the license of Symantec Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers with Continuous Protection Server 11d and I got a licensing number "MXXXXXXXXXXXX". I have used this number to get a serial number. THen I started install Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers and it can be installed successfully. Then I tried to install the Continuous Protection Server 11d with the same serial number but It prompt me "Invalid License".

Is the step wrong or is there any other problems?
Thanks for your help!!
3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Jay,

You need to enter in your Remote Server(agent) licenses on this screen, not your Backup Exec + CPS key.  If you don't have those keys, then just leave the key blank and click next. This will put the software into eval mode until you can get the license keys.

CyborgTodd
Level 2
Ben,

Maybe in a perfect world that advice would be sound.  Off and on, I've been fighting this problem for more than a year, yep that makes me look pretty foolish, but candidly, being on hold for 45 minutes to talk to support or on the phone for 3 hours with no resolution is a complete waste of my time. 

I did what your post suggests, to this day I don't have the proper license key and am still not able to run CPS in a licensed mode.  And for what it's worth, when I talk to your licensing folks, they have no solution for me.

Anyone want to guess what my feeling toward Symantec and this product might be at this time?

Does anyone have a solution to this issue, I mean a real solution?

-Todd

Lively
Level 5
As I noted before, you may want to start a new thread as a lot of people will not even open a thread to put input into if it is over a year and a half old.

When we went from 11d 7170 to 12.5 we had issues with licensing.  After an hour on the phone it got sorted out by calling into the support number.  You really are not going to get in depth licensing help here unless it is asking what is needed to perform certain tasks.

My advice is to call into support, pick the licensing option and go from there.