Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Backup Exec 11d & REV 1000 Autoloader

Rod_Basala
Not applicable
Currently using:

Backup Exec v11d
REV 1000 Autoloader

The first set of backups ran just fine then when it started back with the first cartridge I am getting the following errors:
"Please remove media from drive" and then I click on OK and then I receive the following error "Please insert overwritable media into the drive". It continues this until you cancel the job.
The job is setup to backup every night and overwrite media.
The one thing I did notice is that the MEDIA SET says "Keep Data Infinitely - Do not Overwrite" and I can not change this field?

Any support would greatly be appreciated our customer can not do anymore backups?!?!?

Thanks in advance,

Rod
1 REPLY 1

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
First you need to go to the properties of the Media Set targeted by the backup job and change the overwrite protection period to a time interval that meets your needs.

Chapter 6 in the Backup Exec Admin Guide gives detail on managing media and page 260 give detail information on Media Overwrite Protection. Here is a link to the admin guide:
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/285233.pdf

For the current problem you can go to the Media tab, locate the media for the backup device and move them from their current media set to the Scratch Media set.