cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Legacy Agent

Brian_Longworth
Level 3
     I just upgraded our backup server to version 12 and now I cannot backup our SuSE 8 server. The Legacy UNIX agent is installed on this machine because the RALUS agent only supports v9 and up of SuSE.
     I've been using this agent for a couple of years now and had no problems when using it with Backup Exec Server versions 10 and 11.
     Now suddenly, I get this message:
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009418 - Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.
Final error category: Other Errors

What gives? It not even in the selection list for new jobs anymore. I've restarted all the servers in question and have confirmed that the agent is indeed running. (Oh, and it's not a licensing issue).
     I can't upgrade the OS of the server because it runs our enterprise database.
     If anyone knows of a solution, I'd be very grateful.

Brian

4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Someone else also reported that the Legacy *nix agent would not talk to a v12 media server

you are probably SOL until your database is supported on a newer OS

(Does your database have any kind of built-in dump to disk that you could run as a  scheduled command line, pointed to a share that the media server can also see?

Raven
Level 3
I heard the legacy agents is no longer supported from v12.
This realy sucks since the ralus-agent doesn't work on any **bleep** server. Any ideas?
(Ralus seems to works on RH and Suse, but we mostly use Debian)

Powl
Level 2
We are having the issue as well.  BE v12 can't talk to our HP-UX B.11.00 server running the legacy agent.

Brian_Longworth
Level 3
I opened a case with Symantec and was told that Backup Exec 12 does not support the Legacy Agent. Only Backup Exec 11d and earlier support it.

So, that's the official word. It's unfortunate that there is no documentation anywhere that outright says this.

After being told this, my solution was to build a virtual server and run 11d on it. I use 12 for all our other servers except our Linux server. This is working fine for now - I just need to find a home for the VM other than my personal workstation.