Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Lotus Domino Agent

Artur_Szczurzyn
Level 3
Hi,
I have very strange problem with Lotus Domino Agent Backup. Situation:
One backup server with two licenses for Backup Exec Server and Lotus Domino Agent.
One server Lotus Domino with Backup Exec Remote Agent installed.
Both computers in same Win2k domain.

Problem:
If I'm trying to make Domino Databases Backup via network places in Backup Wizard everything works fine (I can browse all Domino databases)
If I'm trying to access to the same Domino databases via Remote Selection (using IP address) I see only hard drives resources but domino databases are not accessible. I'm getting Access Error like:
" Failed To Access 10.10.10.1|NotesServer. Access is Denied "
Credentials are OK so where is the problem?

Last think I want to put Lotus Server to another part of my network (DMZ) so I need to access to this server via Remote Selection (using IP address).

Please Help.
9 REPLIES 9

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems you get the error only when you try to backup Lotus from remote selections. Try checking the credentials again. Is the Lotus server a partitioned server? Since when do you get this problem?
Also elaborate as to when you get the error 'access denied'. Is it while you try to attach to the domino databases, if not when? Are the selections grayed out?

Awaiting your update on the above questions.

Regards.

Artur_Szczurzyn
Level 3
Hi,
Lotus is not Partitioned. I'm getting this error while I'm trying to browse Lotus Databases

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

1. Please try enabling support for restrict anonymous with the help of the technote below:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

2. Please enter the IP address in the host file of the BE server and lotus server

3. Please check whether the port 10000 is used by Backup Exec on both the servers.
Please download TCPView with the help of the foll link:

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Artur_Szczurzyn
Level 3
No Still nothing...
Any ideas?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What is the version of Lotus that you use? Are you getting any error in the Windows event logs, application and system? What are the credentials you are using for the backup? You had mentioned that you receive the error 'access denied' while browsing Lotus. However are the selections available or are they grayed out?

In case of the latter scenario, refer to the following technote:

Title: The VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) for Windows NT and Windows 2000 Lotus Notes icon is grayed out and cannot be selected for backup operations
http://support.veritas.com/docs/229733

In case it does not help, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Lotus agent and test the results.

In case the above does not help, do revert with details.

However if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Artur_Szczurzyn
Level 3
Lotus Domino version 6.5.4. No errors in log file. Selections are grayed out. No firewall on server. Credentials are like:
domain\userneme or only username (with administration rights). Reinstallation of Agent doesn't help. I've make the same test in my test enviroment and results are the same. I can't backup databases via remote selection. It looks like this is not only my problem. My testing servers are installed from the scratch and domino agent doesn't work too. Please try this one in your enviroment. I will write down my configuration:
1. Lotus Domino 6.5.4 on Windows 2003 Standard Edition, Agent For Lotus Domino ver. 9.1
2. Media server - Windows XP SP2 with Veritas Backup Exec ver. 9.1
3. No firewalls, no other software.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As you have mentioned heer that,
1. Lotus Domino 6.5.4 on Windows 2003 Standard Edition, Agent For Lotus Domino ver. 9.1

Have you installed the Lotus domino agent license on the Backup exec media server and the remote agent on the remote Lotus domino 6.5.4 server?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Artur_Szczurzyn
Level 3
Yes, of course.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Artur,

It appears you can backup the lotus database via microsoft network but not via a user defined share using ip adress.
In this case please check the entries in the hosts file on both servers, verify that the the ip address and the machine names are mentioned on either of the servers.

You can also verify with the command ping -a name of server, which will return the ip addtess to which the name is being mapped.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.