cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Oracle Agent

John_Rosenlof
Level 2
Hi,
I've installed, or rather entered the serial number for the Oracle Agent on our BE Server. I want to be able to do backups of our Oracle Database that we have on a remote server. I've done a push installation of the Remote Agent to that server, but that is about all that has happened. In the manual it has instructions on how the Oracle Agent should be set up by going into Start>Programs>and then selecting Veritas Agent for Oracle servers. I've looked on both our BE Server and our Oracle DB Server and I haven't been able to find any sort of option anywhere to be able to configure the Oracle agent. I know that it isn't working because our Oracle DB isn't showing up on the selection list. How do I get this working? We are running Win2k Server on both of the servers and we have BE 9.1.
Thanks for any help,
John
2 REPLIES 2

Ranjith_Parat_2
Level 3
Certified
Hi,

The oracle agent needs to be installed and configured on the oracle server..

Copy the Program Files > VERITAS > Backup Exec > NT > Agents >Oracle > Eng folder on you Backup Exec server to the oracle server and run the setup.exe

Refer this article

Document ID: 230362
http://support.veritas.com/docs/230362
How to install and configure the Backup Exec Oracle Agent for Backup Exec for Windows NT/2000

John_Rosenlof
Level 2
Thanks a lot! That seems to have done the trick. I really appreciate it, thanks.

-John