cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SQL redirection using BE V10d

Matt_Prime
Level 2
Hi,

We have a SQL database that was backed up using V9.1 that we now need to restore using BE V10d as we have upgraded all our BE Servers. We also need to redirect the restore to a new SQL server as the original one is no longer in existance.
When i run the restore job i get an error back saying 'unable to connect to a resource, check credentials and try again'
I can use these same credentials to perform a backup on this SQL server and also restore it, but not the DB that was backed up on V9.1
Also if i try and redirect a SQL backup that was backed up using V10 i get the same error?
Is there a known issue with SQL redirection on V10d?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

I have spent all day searching the net but there seems to be very little out there with reference to BE V10d.

Matt
1 REPLY 1

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Matt!

Are you able to access the resources using My Network Places in Windows?

Are you performing redirect restore of Master database?

If yes, then please note that,redirect restore of Master database is not supported.

As the master database stores all the information pertaining to SQL databases including the users created ones.

If the master database and other database were restored to a different location, the pointer within the master database would point to the original location of the databases that has been changed now.

If no, then verify that the server name and the drive are the same as they were at the time of backup.

Do revert back with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.