cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with backup exchange public folders

Jeroen_Vonk
Level 2
I get a error message V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory when i try to backup the public folders of exchange. The strange thing is that it there are a few hunderd folders below one folder and when at a about 3/4 of the list i get the error message for all the folders following. It looks like when it contains more the a specific amount of folders it is unable to backup any more folders that are under that one folder. All the possible sollution i found here at the site about this error didn't work. Please help solving these error's.
4 REPLIES 4

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

How much of data are you backing up in this job? Are you successfulyy able to backup the Exchange mailboxes and information store? What account are you using for this backup? You can try following the steps given below:

1.. Create a new unique account in Active Directory
2. Make it a member of the Domain Administrators group
3. Activate its mailbox by sending a mail
4. Change the Backup Exec services to use the new account
5. Under Network | Logon Accounts, make this new account the default account
6. Create a new backup job for backing up Exchange public folders.

If the above steps do not help, do write back to the forum with details.
However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Jeroen_Vonk
Level 2
It didn't help, but i have tested some thing's and here's a small report of it. When i backup only the folder where the 651 folders are under i still get the same error's. When i only backup the folders wich go wrong the backup will complet with succes. Also within one of the folders the there is a corrupt mail, i excluded the mail from the backup and then started the backup of the 651 folders again but also this time it goes wrong. It wil backup 502 of the 651 folders and then the other 149 folders fail. If i select only the 149 folders that go wrong and the try to backup it goes correct.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Some of these folders may have been deleted or may have been moved, so we advise you to create a new job for the same.

Also please check the user rights on the specific public folders as per the following technote.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Dale_Denis
Level 3
Check the event log on your Exchange Server. There may be an error in the Application folder that occurred at roughly the same time that your backup failed from MSExchangeIS that states that a Mapi session has exceeded the maximum of 500 object of the type 'objtFolder'. If this is the case then checkout the article in Microsoft's knowledge base at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830829/en-us.