cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with server views in Backup Exec 2012

sysad3
Level 3

All

I have a strange situation in which I've created a backup of a host hyper-v server that contains several virtuals. I have a few different backup jobs that were created to accomodate the different types of servers such as files servers, exchange servers, and database servers on the host hyper-v server. Jobs are running fine and are listed under the name of the host hyper-v server.

however,

some (but not all) of the virtual servers hosted by the hyper-v server are now showing up as separate backup jobs in my server listing, even though I never setup those servers as separate backup jobs. When I delete the listings, they eventually reappear. Is there a setting I need to look into to keep this from occuring? It is mostly an aggravation, but would be nice to fix....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The server list for virtual system has to be populated when you do Hyper-V or Vmware backups with GRT capabilities enabled. This is so that the restore selections for the granular data/information can be presented for restoration as if you had done a traditional remote agent backup of the server that is virtualized.

The restore selections for restoring the complete virtual machine using the virtual agent itself are still available via the host server object.

There should not be backups jobs linked with these objects, although they possibly should show the status of when they were last backed up and may provide a list of backup sets. Other than the status though they should be just the server objects and the ability to perform restores.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Could you confirm if they are catalog or verify jobs that get auto created.

Colin_Weaver

The server list for virtual system has to be populated when you do Hyper-V or Vmware backups with GRT capabilities enabled. This is so that the restore selections for the granular data/information can be presented for restoration as if you had done a traditional remote agent backup of the server that is virtualized.

The restore selections for restoring the complete virtual machine using the virtual agent itself are still available via the host server object.

There should not be backups jobs linked with these objects, although they possibly should show the status of when they were last backed up and may provide a list of backup sets. Other than the status though they should be just the server objects and the ability to perform restores.

sysad3
Level 3

Thanks for your comments. that explains it well.