cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Problems/Questions regarding BE10.1 and DFSR (Windows 2003 R2)

Curtis_Muncy
Level 2
Here is my setup:
BE10.1 SP3 installed on Windows Server 2003 R2 with external tape library. The server is one of three DFSR namespace servers in the enterprise. Single namespace called "home". "home" contains 4 folders replicated between the 3 namespace servers and 3 folders that are not replicated.

Questions:
#1) Seems the only way I can backup the replicated folders is by selecting "Shadow Copy Components - User Data", but I can backup the 3 folders that are not replicated by selecting "Local Selections - Drive Letter ...". Is there any way to backup the replicated folder data just like a normal local drive letter selection?
#2) If I backup the replicated folders using "Shadow Copy Components - User Data" and then try to restore some of that data using "File Redirection" option on restore, I get an error "e000fe21 - An invalid path or file name was specified", if I allow the restore to write to the original location, it works fine. Is there any way to restore "Shadow Copy Components - User Data" to a redirected location?
Thanks for any help with this.
0 REPLIES 0