cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Restoring

scomac
Level 2

Hi I am running backup exec 12.5 for windows servers.

i am trying to restore a file from a back up which was sucessful but when i find the date and expand into the relevant folder i get a folder which is called DFSRPRIVate and i can go no further to navigate to the file that i want.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello

It seems to be a DFSR backup. Expand Shadow Copy Components of the server

and then expand User Data, you should be able to see the folders which you are

trying to restore.

scomac
Level 2

Hi Where would i find that normally?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To restore a DSFR data you need to restore the system state of he server.  See the procedure below

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH85354

scomac
Level 2

thanks for the info.

Please see the screen shot attached.

on the instructions you kindly attached in the url it shows that i should be able to expand the relevant files within the dfsrprivate section but i can't.

thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You must open the Shadow Copy Component. not dsfrprivate.  It would appear that you did not backup your system state or shadow copy component.  Do another backup and select your system state as well as shadow copy component.  You shoud then be able to see your folder when you expand the shadow copy component when you try to restore.

scomac
Level 2

Thanks for your responses and we will change our future backup jobs to include the system state as well as shadow copy component.

This doesn’t help us restore files from our existing backups. The last full backup shows that it successfully backed up 220GB of data and it took long enough to make us believe that all of this data ended up on the tape. Is there any way of restoring files from this backup, or is the data on it completely lost?

Thanks,

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

If the system state & shadow copy components are missing in the backup

then you will not be able to restore the DFSR data.