cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems backing up Virtual machine system state on domain controller

wired137
Level 3
I am having problems backing up the system state on our domain controller... running BE 12.5...with Server 2008 and HyperV service running...

here are the errors that show up in the system state backup of the domain controller...'completed with exceptionis'

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wvmbus.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wvmbusvideo.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wvms_mp.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wnetvsc.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wvms_pp.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wstorflt.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wstorvsc.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wstorvsp.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wvid.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wvmbushid.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\wvmic.inf is not present on the snapshot.
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\inf\ws3cap.inf is not present on the snapshot.

I have tried a couple of various different VSS admin commands in cmd prompt...but no luck fixing these errors...

it may even be something simple that I have overlooked...

NOTE: other virtual machines, such as our app server as well as our exchange box (2007) backup successfully..both storage groups, and system state, as well as data...problems only exist on our domain controller...

thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Check both of these to see if they are relevant, and a fix for your problem:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290930.htm

http://technet.microsoft.com/hi-in/library/bb694190.aspx

wired137
Level 3
no dice...

it just doesn't make sense...considering I do not have any selections on c:\ for backup...

not only that, but i check in c:\windows\inf directory and those files do not show up

HOWEVER: those files mentioned in the first post DO exist on the hyper-v server that hosts the virtual machines that I am trying to backup...again though..other VM's backup fine..this problem only happens on the DC