cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems consistenly backing up Netware servers

Dennis_Joiner
Level 2
I can get a back up or two and then get an "Final error: 0xe000fe28 - A network connection to the server could not be established." We have checked the Netware side and updated necessary nlms. Have upgraded / patched as necessary to Backup Exec. So far, tech support and I cannot find a resolution. Any one have any ideas........
3 REPLIES 3

Bob_Winston
Level 4
You may not have the most recent agent on your Netware servers even though you downloaded from a Veritas site. You can read this link....especially the last entry.

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?forumID=103&threadID=53080&messageID=4392432װ

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

In order to resolve this issue,we would like to know :
1.Whats is the version of the Netware Server?
2.What is the build of BEWS 10.0 ? 5484 or 5520 ?
3.If BEWS 10.0 5520, have you installed any updates e.g Hotfix 15 or Servicxe pack 1 ?
4.Please check the version of the remote agent for netware server from version.doc file on Netware server and update us on the same ?
5.Can you select Netware server in Backup Exec Selection list ?

Thank you,
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Dennis_Joiner
Level 2
I have been working with your support staff for some time. Please refer to case # 290-074-199. I have not been able to resolve the issue, so I wanted to see if anyone in the user community was having this issue other than me.

Please ck the notes and get back to me with any suggestions.

Thanks

Dennis