Problems installing 10.0 with windows 2000 sp4

Daniel_Saults_2
Level 3
System
Windows 2000 SP4
Exchagange 2000 SP3
Veritas 9.1
MDAC 2.5 sp3 (2.5.6200.0)

When i go to install/upgrade to 10.0 It keeps failing for same reason. I think I have determined the reason for the failure, it is due to the fact my MDAC can not be updated. I have tried to upgrade from 2.5 to 2.6 and 2.8 manually but with no sucess. Now when I run the MDAC Compent Checker i have a partial version of 2.8 laying around.

The bkupinst.log has the following error at the end

02-26-2005,14:09:12 : ERROR: Installation failed with error 1603.

Can provide the full log if needed
7 REPLIES 7

Sagar_Kamat_2
Level 6
Thank you for submitting this support query. We suggest you to do the following to isolate the issue.

1. Make sure that you are not performing the installation using Terminal services. If you are using Terminal services, try to perform local installation and check the results.

2. Check NTFS permissions of

X:\WINNT,

X:\WINNT\system32;

X:\ where X is the system partition.

X:\Program Files; and X:\WINNT\TEMP.

Add the SYSTEM user and the Administrators groups with Full Control to these folders.

3. Please close all third party applications and anti-virus software during the installation.

4. If the server is Domain controller, refer to the following steps

a. Go to Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Active Directory Users and Computers

b. Right-click the domain name and select Operations Master

c. On the PDC tab

d. Change the Operation masters to be the BE server

5. Copy the installation files locally to the hard drive; perform the installation again and observe the results.

Hope, this should resolve the issue. If the problem persists, please install MSDE manually and then carry out the Backup Exec installation.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/263147

Dipti_Chinchole
Level 6
Please update us on the status of the issue.

Daniel_Saults_2
Level 3
I have tried both ways, using and not using terminal sevice. Next step is going to uninstall TS

Permissions are correct
for winnt\temp and winnt\system32

Attempting this next

a. Go to Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Active Directory Users and Computers

b. Right-click the domain name and select Operations Master

c. On the PDC tab

d. Change the Operation masters to be the BE server

---

Thks for the help so far. This has been frustrating.

Darpan_Thaker
Level 5
If the problem still persists after performing the above mentioned steps, then let us know the exact error message from bkupinst.log to further diagnose the issue.

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

Kindly update us on the issue.We request you to check the error message and revert back with necessary information.

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Hello

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards,
Gaurav

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply.