cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems installing RALUS for BackupExec 12

sbergen10
Level 2
Good day,

I have finished my BackupExec 12 upgrade and I'm starting to rollout the RALUS agent to my Linux servers.  So far I have tried two different Red Hat Enterprise 4 servers and one Fedora 5.2 server.  These machines do not have any older RALUS agents installed. 

Whenever I execute the ./installralus command as indicated in the installation instructions nothing happens.  I literally hit enter and just get a shell prompt.  I've tried copying the install files to a local directory on the Linux server and have also tried executing the install from a file share on a Windows box.  I can't seem to find anything in the instructions that would indicate how to troubleshoot this.  Please help point me in the right direction.  Thanks!

Sam Bergen
2 REPLIES 2

sbergen10
Level 2
I have some additional information based on my further attempts to install the Backup Exec 12 agent.  First, the Backup Exec 11D Linux agent installs just fine on any of my systems where I have attempted to install the v12 agent.  I have the 11D Ralus agent working on the following systems where the v12 agent will not install:

Three separate Red Hat 4 Enterprise servers
One Fresh Red Hat 4 Enterprise build (test system)
One Fedora Core 5 server (I know this is not supported)
CentOS v4.6 test system

I am installing the 11D and 12 agents in the same way and do not understand why it will not install on the Red Hat 4 systems when the Symantec documentation says it is supported..  I have two separate shares on a Windows Server called "ralus11" and "ralus12".  I have mapped these to a mount point on my Linux servers in the same way and executed the ./installralus script per the instructions.  The v12 install script does absolutely nothing.  I have executed the installralus script in the ralusx86 subdirectory and received the output "Not Supported Yet".  I have also tried the same thing on my x86-64 Red Hat 4 server with the Ralus64 subdirectory and the script does nothing.  Could someone from Symantec shed some light on why this is happening?  The "Not Supported Yet" output from the script is misleading.

Andrew_Soc
Level 4
i have the same problem !