cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Push Install for backup exec 10d

m_ellul
Level 4
I am trying to set up Backup Exec 10d.

I have been having problems with the push install. Basically everything looks like it has installed ok but the server never shows up on the servers list. I have tried to change the registery according to the site http://support.veritas.com/docs/329092 but it did not work.

I have deleted the CPS installation that was installed remotely and did an environmental check.

There was a warning that states the following:

"The account used to log on does not have domain administrator privileges. To set the account for the continous protection server services as a domain administrator, enter a domain administrators account, or an equivalent account that is part of the domains group. "

Would this seeting be through windows or through CPS? Can you please guide me to rectify this situation?

Thanks again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

From the Services Manage in Windows, check the account that the services start as.  That account needs to have Domain Admin rights.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

From the Services Manage in Windows, check the account that the services start as.  That account needs to have Domain Admin rights.

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Try assigning the below rights to the account from the domain user rights assignment 

Logon as a batch job
Create a token object 
Logon as service

Thanks