cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Remote Agents Backup Exec 12

Warney316
Level 3
Hi all, i have just completed installing remote agents for Backup Exec 12 on my companys various servers however on 1 server when i tried to setup a backup job i was told that the installation had not worked correctly, so i have tried to uninstall then reinstall the agent. When i do this from Add/Remove programs i get the following error message "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid." Now i dont know how to uninstall this Previously we had version 8 of Veritas Backup exec and the agents seem to uninstall ok I am not too sure what this means and how i can resolve this problem. Thanks in advance for any advice Warney
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KJ_44
Level 3
I did not run into this problem but did have it where 10d remote agent would not uninstall and I had to download and use Microsoft's Windows Cleaning Agent.  I found an article in the Symantec Knowledge Base referring me to that.  That did the trick for me on the older version, maybe it will help you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

KJ_44
Level 3
I did not run into this problem but did have it where 10d remote agent would not uninstall and I had to download and use Microsoft's Windows Cleaning Agent.  I found an article in the Symantec Knowledge Base referring me to that.  That did the trick for me on the older version, maybe it will help you.