Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with an Inventory-Job

Hunv
Level 2
Partner

Hi,

I've got a problem with running an inventory-job in Backup Exec 2010 Rev. 2896 64 Bit with SP1.

When I am starting an Inventory-Job (Right click on the Device => Inventory) the job appears in the job-overview-list. The status will stay in "queued" and the job will not starting to run.

While the job is queued a backup CAN be run and will finish successfully.

I tried the following things without any success:
- Restart services
- Restart Server
- Install Hotfixes via LiveUpdate (Except Hotfix 162860 - It Fails)

Has anyone any idea how to fix this problem?

Regards,
Kristian

7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Try the following 

In the devices Tab , Right click onthe server name and click pause and then un-pause the server ..Let us know if that help .

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Do re-post the screenshot.  It cannot be seen.  You can attach it using the file attachments link below.

I would suggest that you upgrade to BE 2010 R3 which is the latest version. Your existing licence keys will work.  You can download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or www.backupexec.com. After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP2 and the latest hotfixes.

After you have upgraded to R3, push out the remote agent again.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126625

Hunv
Level 2
Partner

Hi,

I already tried this (I forgot to post it). This does not fix the problem :(

Hunv
Level 2
Partner

HI,

thanks for the hint! I will try that!

The Screenshot just shows the queued job. Nothing spectacular.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you looked at deleting the unit altogether as per the steps below:

1. Delete library out of Backup Exec, followed by deleting it out of Windows Device Manager.

2. Turn off, and disconnect the library from the server completely, and restart the server.

3. Boot into Windows, and shut down the server.

4. Reconnect the library and turn it on, allowing it to complete its startup procedure.

5. Start up Windows, and then reinstall the Symantec drivers...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check & see if Hotfix 354913 is installed or not...if yes, un-install it via Add/Remove programs..reboot the server & try running an inventory job again....(it it still goes into a queued status, try pausing-unpausing the server)