cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with my tape library...

hetfield_86
Level 5
I followed some step before to come here, as this picture shows....  I have 2 robotics libraries, but I can work with only one ( D2D System Backup). I can´t do anything with my tape library ( HP MSL2024) , in Devices ' Window of Backup Exec 12.5, the slots of this device appears like "Unknow Media".

Thanks for your help.
8 REPLIES 8

tech29
Level 6
Hi there,

Have you tried running a quick erase job on the tapes in these slots which are shoiwng "unknown media"

Regards,
tech29

hetfield_86
Level 5
I have tried everything but nothing work. Nothing my friend. I don't know what it could be wrong.

tech29
Level 6
Ok.. do you get any error message when you run an invnentory, erase job on this particular tape drive?

Regards,
tech29

hetfield_86
Level 5

Yes I do. This is the message more and less : "You can't perform an inventory/erase... whatever 'cause the robotic library is disable, offline or paused"...

tech29
Level 6
This seems to be a hardware issue.

check this link:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/280702.htm

Regards,
tech29

hetfield_86
Level 5

I don't know 'cause I can go to Management Web Aplication of the tape library, there I can see the slot that are empty or full, everything....

pkh
   VIP    Certified
A MSL 2024 will appear in the Device Manager list as an Unknown Medium Changer.  This is normal. 

From your screenshoot, it appears that you have 2 tape drives in your MSL 2024.  Did you enter an additional Library Expansion Option (LEO) licence for the 2nd tape drive?  Out of the box, BE 12.5 only support a tape library with 1 tape drive.  For each additional tape drive in the library, you will need to purchase a LEO licence.

hetfield_86
Level 5
That is another issue, I have another robotic library (D2D System Backup) and to test if I can work my tape library I disable D2D in Backup Exec but nothing, I don't know why I can´t work with the Tape Library if only I have enable that robotic library.

In other hand, I tried to install LEO, but I just licensed it, I haven't found how Install it....