cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Calendar access issue

CBT_Help_Desk
Level 4
I have many calendars in public folders. All of them are backing up properly except for a few of them. I can't decipher what the issue may be. They calendars that I am having issues with have the same permissions as the ones that are getting backed up properly.

Here is the error messages that I am getting.

Access denied to file InformationCalendarNew Year's Day.
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.

and

The item \\CXCHG\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders\InformationCalendarŒ〰〰〰〰愱㐴㌷〹慡㘶ㄱ摣戹㡣〰慡〰昲㑣愵㤰〰愳㌳昷㐷昹㜷㍤ㄱ㍡〶〰〹㜲愳昷愰〰〰〰ㄱ敤㠹〰〰愳㌳昷㐷昹㜷㍤ㄱ㍡〶〰〹㜲愳昷愰〰〰〰ㄱ㉦㈶〰〰New Year's Day in use - skipped.
6 REPLIES 6

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

Refer to the following refer to the following TechNote to resolve the issue:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266178.htm

CBT_Help_Desk
Level 4
I have checked and rechecked the permissions on the public calendar. I have even gone as far as remove the permissions and re-add them. But I am still receiving this error message for all items in the public calendar.

Any other assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

CBT_Help_Desk
Level 4
Resolution that was given didn't fix the issue

Sagar_Kamat_2
Level 6
Thank you for updating on the issue. To isolate the issue, please try the following:

1. Create a new user account using Active Directory Users and Computers. Make the account the member of Domain Admin group and the Local Administrator of the Exchange server.

2. Create new Logon Account in Backup Exec using the same username and password.

Start Backup Exec -Select Tools > Wizards > Logon account wizard -Add new logon account, type in the credential for the new account. -Make this account a common logon account. -Complete the wizard.

3. Delegate this account Full Exchange Administrator rights on the exchange server using System Manager at the Exchange organization level.

4. Create a unique mailbox corresponding to the newly created account. Make sure that the mailbox is not hidden and is visible in the Global Address List.

5. Send some mails to the newly created account.

6. Stop and restart all Backup Exec services. If possible, reboot the server.

7. Reboot the Exchange server. For test purposes, stop/disable Anti-Virus application.

8. We suggest you to enable Restrict Anonymous Support on Backup Exec Server as well as the remote Exchange Server.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238618.htm

9. Try taking the backup using newly created account and verify the result.

CBT_Help_Desk
Level 4
I have tried the above recommendation and it doesn't not fix the issue.

After some investigation I have found out that this issue didn't arise until I upgraded my servers with the new 10.0 AOFO agents. I used the old 9.0 with BE 10.0 for a week and I was getting complete backups of the same calendars.

Should I try to reinstall the agents on my exchange servers or is there another remedy that you may have?

CBT_Help_Desk
Level 4
This issue has been resolved.

Apparently one of our Exchange servers was having issues and actually died. After replacing this server all Calendars are backing up properly.

Thank god that Backup Exec was able to backup the mailboxes. :)