cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Folder errros, Directory cannot be found

Jim_Hitchcock
Level 2
I've been working on fixing our Exchange Backup issues, and I have resolved it for our Exchange Mailboxes but I can't resolve for the public folders. I was getting similiar errors for mailboxes, but I resolved it by just deselecting the checkbox for deleted users at the brick level. This hasn't been working for me for public folders. I cannot find the directories referenced in the error even in the backup job nor can I see them in the live public folders. I recreated the backup job 2 days ago and the problem persists. Anyways, how do I get rid of this error?
-----------------------------------------------
Here is a few facts:
Win2003 Server
BackupExec 9.1
Exchange Agent
Brick Level backup
Differential and Full both error
-------------------------------------------------
Error:
error "Backup - \\MOTION-EX3\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders Directory not found. Can not backup directory Events Calendarsez]Short3, 1p-5p; Thursday, 11/4 8a-5p; Friday, 11/5 - 8a-1p and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory New Folder and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory Salesd Activity RealComm 04TZ MS and its subdirectories.
2 REPLIES 2

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Try verifying that the login account you are using is listed as an owner of the public folders. Could be a rights issue.

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
1) Deselect Public folders that are not present on the exchange server.
2) Try to open public folder from outlook and check if you can do it.
3) Grant the Full permission on puclic folder under security.

Create a new backupexec service account and make sure the account has FULL admin rights on mailboxes and public folder.