cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple Jobs in Calendar aren't running

Level 3
Hello

I am installing a new backup system that runs an Incremental backup Monday thru Thursday and Full backups Friday and Saturday.  Last nights Incremental didn't run.  I started checking and the Start Time in Job Monitor-Job List had 6/7/2007 instead of today's date, 6/6/2007.  I checked the calendar tab and the job scheduled for 6/6/2007 was purple and the job for 6/07/2007 was blue.  What do the colors mean?

I had already started the Incremental job since last nights didn't run.  I checked the Friday and Saturday Full Backups and they had the same issue.  I started trying to fix it, but when I would try to reset the Schedule, the Start Time would change to the next date in the schedule.  For Example, before I tried to fix the Start Time on one of the Friday jobs, it showed a date of 6/15/2007.  When I redid the schedule, the Start time changed to 6/22/2007.

The only changes I know that were done to these jobs, are new systems being added to the jobs.  We had an older setup with BackupExec, so as I can, I am installing the new Remote Agent on the systems needing backup.  When the new agent is installed, I edit the job and add the system to the backup and submit the changes.
2 REPLIES 2

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Re the job colours: black is completed jobs, purple is scheduled jobs, and blue is the next occurence of a scheduled job.
With respect to the job not being run on the next date, and it appearing in calendar view, but not in Job list view, it's a known bug.

Level 3
Hi Hywel,
I tried just updated the Backup Selection List instead of doing it through the Job, and this seems to work without messing the dates up.  I couldn't find anything in the faq.  Was there a specific page to look at?

Thanks!