cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUestion about Backup Sets (BE 2012)

William_Lawance
Level 6

Hi,

Refer to attached capture, is it normal ??

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What do you think is wrong with them?

William_Lawance
Level 6

left panel not see the backup in E: and F:, but right panel can

Abnormal ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To me, if I can do a restore from the backup sets in the right panel, I will treat this as a cosmetic problem, but if you want, you can go to the BE installation directory and use BEUtility to repair the BEDB and see whether that makes a difference.

William_Lawance
Level 6

This means may be DB problem ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It may or may not be.  To delve further into the cause of the problem, you need to log a formal support case with Symantec.

William_Lawance
Level 6

Since I want to delete 26/1 data from tape, but not all backup date shown

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If your tape contains more than 1 set of backup data then you can't just delete that one set of data you have to in effect delete all the backup records on the tape. Also if you do want to delete the data, either overwrite or erase the tape and all of the backup sets on the tape will have their catalogs removed form Backup Exec (so will no longer show in restore selections) at the time of the erase/overwrite.

Note1: Disk works differently from above description so I hope you have not mixed up the word 'tape' with othe backup storage types 

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If the backup set is not shown in the BE console then it is probably not in the catalog. You can move the tape to the scratch media set and overwrite it if it is the only backup set on the tape