Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantum DAT72 not in Backup Exec devices

Werner_Gertje
Not applicable
Partner
Hi Everyone,

I have a PC with and Intel DG965WH MB using the RAID driver for SATA mirroring.  I have a Quantum DAT72 SATA drive also attached to one of the SATA connections.  I get the below results when trying to install the Veritas drivers with the device config wizard in BE.

Removing the IDR CD-ROM burner driver (drvmcdb.sys) association for tape drives.
Updating Symantec inf file
Installing Symantec "04mmdat.sys" for "SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DAT____DAT72-000C07A"
Driver load failure 0x800F020B for SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DAT____DAT72-000C07A
The device instance does not exist in the hardware tree.
Installing Symantec "04mmdat.sys" for "IDE\SequentialQUANTUM_DAT____DAT72-000________________C07A____"
Installation is not complete.

Any help is appricated.

Thanks,

Werner
2 REPLIES 2

SRodriguez
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Werner:

Hi! Make sure that the Tape Drive is not attach to the same bus as the HD.  Also, that the SATA is not RAID.

Why is it recommended that tape devices should not be connected to RAID controllers?
http://sony.storagesupport.com/cgi-bin/sonysupport.cgi/fYj-tC=UL8Ev=QHf=DPZXE=HZha-UeQ7/faq/view/769

Regards,

Sandra Rodriguez
Advanced Technical Support Engineer

Ryan_Todd
Not applicable
I am having the same issues.  I have confirmed that the SATA port the tape drive is connected to is NOT setup as a RAID configuration...the tape drive is supported by Symantec...and Windows does see the tape drive, and it is using the Symantec drivers.  I get the following messages when I try to 'add' the device in Backup Exec 11d:

Removing the IDR CD-ROM burner driver (drvmcdb.sys) association for tape drives.
Updating Symantec inf file
Instaling Symantec "04mmdat.sys" for "SCSI\SequentialQUANTUM_DAT___DAT72-000C07A
Driver load failure 0x800F020B for SCSI\SequentialQUANTIUM_DAT___DAT72-000C07A
The device instance does not exist in the hardware tree.

Then I get a second error window:

RSM can not manage library Tape0.  The database is corrupt

I have removed and re-installed Backup Exec on the machine, ran all the updates and am still getting the messages.  I have not been able to find a solution on Symantec or Quantum's site.