cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantum Superloader 3 Tape Drive Problems

abrown_2
Not applicable

I am using a Superloader 3 with the Backup Exec Software and have just recently purchased the additional magazine for the tape drive. It originally came with an 8 slot magazine and this will upgrade it to supporting 16 tapes. My problem is this; I have installed the magazine into the Superloader and it picks up this with no problem however the Backup Exec software will not recognise the expansion magazine at all and still only sees 8 cartridges in the program. I have tried running a scan and an inventory and still it cannot be seen. Some more info is that I have a scsi terminator on the back of the drive and have tried removing this to see if that was the problem to no avail. I have had a look at the options on the software and there seems to be nothing that I can find that can be changed to recognise the extra slots.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue I have had and if anyone knows of a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Larry_Fine
Level 6
   VIP   
BE should detect the new 8 slots automatically, assuming hte library is reporting the right number to BE.  Verify that the SuperLoader knows it has 16 slots and that the BE services have been restarted since the slots were added/licensed.  If that doesn't fix it, then disable the SuperLoader in BE, delete it from BE, then restart the BE services again (or reboot the server).