cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Failed Reason

Anishk
Level 3

Hi,

A month before I encountered 'Query Failed' error in Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Small Business edition. After rebooting the server the issue got resolved. Now I am facing the same error in another server. I need to know the reason for 'Query Failed' error. I have decided to update to SP4, now currently it is running with SP1.

What steps need to be taken before updating to SP4 and will it impact server?
Is it possible to upgrade from SP1 to SP4 directly.
Is it possible to do it offline and whether restart is required.
can you please let me know the steps to upgrade it.

Thanks in advance
Anish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Query failed is a generic error. Where/when are you getting this error ? Debugging may help you find out the cause of the specific issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. Make a copy of the Data and Catalog directory under the BE installation directory just in case you need to revert. This has no impact on your server 2. Yes. 3. I don't know what you mean by offline, but you need to update when there is no BE jobs running. You will need to reboot the media server. Also after the upgrade, you would need to push out the remote agents again and the remote servers would need to be rebooted. 4. To upgrade, just run LiveUpdate a couple of times until it says no more updates. This will get you to SP4 and the latest hotfixes

Anishk
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for the update, My server doesn't have internet connectivity, So I asked is it possible to download the fix and update it.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Sure. See this document http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212772

Anishk
Level 3

Hi,

Can I have the reason for 'Query Failed' stauts. Thanks in advance.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Query failed is a generic error. Where/when are you getting this error ? Debugging may help you find out the cause of the specific issue.