cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about v.10 with remote agents

d_d_8
Level 2
I am trying to determine a new backup solution for the company i started for and to do that I am pretty sure I have to upgrade to v.10 from 8.5.

Eventually I am going to have to back up a domain server, web server and exchange server.

I want to know if the following is possible?

An internal tape drive will be on each server, if i purchase v10 and 2 remote agents can I schedule backupexec to backup each servers data on their own tape drives. Will the remote agents allow me to do that or do I need the full program on each server?
4 REPLIES 4

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

To backup the data on a locally attached drive you will have to install Backup Exec on both the servers seperately.

If you install remote agent on server2 and take backups from server1 then data will be saved to server1 's device.

Please update us on this issue.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thanks,

d_d_8
Level 2
how many servers are you allowed to install one copy of backupexec to?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
One media server serial per machine.

Each will write only to locally attached backup media

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please update us on this issue.

If you have further quries regarding this issue, do not hesitate to contact us.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.