cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Exchange 2007 backups with BE 12.5

dan_calinescu
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Simple question, when go to do a backup selection for exchange in be 12.5 and i browse to the storage group, am I supposed to be able to see individual mailboxes there or is it only when you restore?

Im having problems restoring a mailbox saying it cannot connect to the storage group but im wondering if my mapi isnt working correctly..

Dan

1 REPLY 1

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

With Exchange 2007 , legacy mailbox backups is not supported. So during the backups in the selection list you will not be able to see the individual mailboxes. You will be able to see the Information Store which needs to be backed up.

If you have selected the Granular Restore Technology (GRT) option during the backups of Information Store, then during the restore you should be able to see the individual mailboxes during the restore.

If you think you are facing issues with MAPI  then, just uninstall the MAPI/CDO from the Exchange server and then download the latest MAPI/CDO from the Microsoft website and install it on the Exchange server.

Also ensure that the Management console of Exchange is installed on the Media server is updated to the same Exchange patch as on the Exchange server.

Thanks,

-Sush...