cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Catalogs and network drives

mtoestreich
Level 2
Can I move the catalogs to a network drive?

Thanks for the help
3 REPLIES 3

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Seems to me you can as long as you connect it to an driveletter. Just configure it under Options -> Settings -> Catalog

I don't know what the performance penalty would be, if there is any. Your network speed will be an issue because you probaly will backup from that same network to which BE is writing its catalogs so your networkcard will be busy. Also it depends how far back in time you will need to restore backups. For example, there is no need to archive 1 month of catalogs when you only save 1 week of data and at the most only need to go back in time 1 weekt.

If you are low on diskspace adding a disk would be an option, after all what is the cost of diskspace these days.

Kind regards
A van der Boom

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

The answer given by Forum participant to your querry should help you in moving the catalogs to another drive. I would like to give you the exact path i.e in Backup Exec, go to Tool - Options - Catalogs and in that give the new path.

Do revert if you need any further clarifications.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply