cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RALUS Agent Issues

FORGIVEN
Level 4

We are evaluating BE 2014 (not sure if we are going to switch or not). We have 2 Linux SLES 11 SP3 servers with the ralus agent from BE 2010 R3 installed. In the application log of the media server:

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed

(Server: "DC0") (Job: "Web Full Backup") Web Full Backup -- The job failed with the following error: The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not be running the Backup Exec

Remote Agent for Windows/Linux. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer

So i ran the installraluspatch.sh on the linux server. That script reported everything was fine. However, the backup will/can not connect to the linux server. The other SLES11/OES11 server seems to be backing up fine. Where do i find more error detail on the SLES11 server side? Should i uninstall and reinstall the ralus agent?

7 REPLIES 7

lmosla
Level 6

make sure the remote agent service is running

try re installing the remote agent

if there is antivirus running then exclude the Backup Exec directory 

on the remote server, check that the remote agent service is running

and if there is a firewall verify that port 1000 isnt being blocked

FORGIVEN
Level 4

Services on linux says it is running. When i try to stop it and start it again, i get a unspecified error returned. No antivirus on the linux server and no firewall. Should i use the ralus from 2010 R3? The only ralus on the BE 2014 disc is a ralus patch

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

The RALUS agent full install is located on the BE 2014 installlation media  \LinuxMac\RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-1786.0.tar.gz

Port 10000 NDMP port must be open to allow the media server to establish a connection.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH68258

FORGIVEN
Level 4

Hmmm, that is exactly where i extracted the files and only see installraluspatch.sh. Is that the "full" install script?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is a shell script.  You don't have to extract anything.  Just execute the script in your Linux machine.

FORGIVEN
Level 4

Yes you do! You have to extract the tar ball to get the shell script.......

But anyway, i found i was in the old ralus folder and not the v14.1 folder. Got it installed and working now

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I thought you were trying to extract files from the shell script.