Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RALUS for Red Hat 6.2

b1gg1e
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi, dear Symantec Community.

I have some questions for you. I have Sym BE 2012 SP2 and some Linux clients (red hat 6.2) with ralus installed.

1. Today I recieve an error - V-79-57344-34004 and 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. This solution is not work for me - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH71563&actp=search&viewlocale=en_U... Because this opyopn is ON on my clients. Network connection is OK. (I started ping fow t2o days - on packet loss). So the other backup job's on this servers is okey.

2. Why on Backup Exec 2012 I don't see option "Back up contents of soft-linked directories":

be.png

3. When you plan to enable support on new version of RHEL??? 6.3 and 6.4 

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the RALUS service running on the Linux machine ? Is the default NDMP port 10000 open as well ?

Secondly, "Back up contents of soft-linked directories" feature is no longer present in versions newer than BE 2010 as they caused potential restore issues.

b1gg1e
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Yes, RALUS is running. I wrote that other jobs are running without errors. Port is default and open as well (just now I checked it againt from backup exec server with telnet).

VJware
Level 6

What is different about this specific backup job from the other backup jobs ? Is it different from the resources selected or are there any changes in the job settings itself ?

Lastly, you may consider enabling debugging and posting/pm the debug logs. Debugging can be enabled using these KBs ~

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH4986

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35477

b1gg1e
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Yes, there is some includes based on file masks on my selection details.. In other (workable) jobs I select whole folders.

VJware
Level 6

To rule out any possible issue with the job /selections, would you edit this problematic backup job and select an whole folder and test the backup.

If the backup is successful, then its highly probable there is something wrong with the selections. If not, and if all backup settings (such as network and security settings) are common, then would recommend to enable debugging.

b1gg1e
Level 4
Partner Accredited

And what about my question number 3?

Artegic
Level 6

That question gets asked regularly here. The answer is the same every time: "We can't tell you."

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I take it that you're aware that Connect is primarily community-driven, right? That means not all of us are Symantec employees, and therefore we aren't priviledged to see roadmaps (which aren't published) or detailed internal troubleshooting/documentation.

If a non-Symantec employee doesn't answer, then we don't know...and then it's best to log the call directly with Symantec.

Thanks!