cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

RAWS must run on Media Server as well

Peyton_Randolph
Level 2
No issue here, just info for my fellow Veritas users.

Version 10.0 has been working well for months. V 10.0 quit running last week after a batch of Windows Server 2003 updates. I updated to v 10.0(d). I repushed the RAWS to the remote servers, but could not browse them as selections.

After many troubleshooting procedures and tips, I was completely confident that RAWS on the other three servers was set up exactly right, and running on an appropriate account. Under Tools in the menu of BEWS on the media server, I found a selection for Backup Exec Services. The only machine listed was the media server and it was red. Clicking the Restart Services button resulted in a mass of log-file zipping by, way too fast to read. The text could be selected and pasted, though. There, I discovered that Remote Agent wasn't starting due to a login error. Services dependent upon RAWS weren't starting because it wasn't started. I changed it's login account, started it, started the other services, and began browsing my other servers for selections.

I've never had any idea that RAWS must run on the Media Server. I don't know why it didn't pick up the default login account like the other services did. Perhaps this will save someone else from similar Exhedrin situations.
0 REPLIES 0