cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising a customer complaint

DCA-IT
Level 4

Does anyone know how to raise a formal customer complaint with Veritas?

Nowhere on their website is there anything about customer relations or complaints and I can find no contact numbers for anyone apart from Support - which is exactly who I need to complain about.

The support for Backup Exec is utterly appaling, a definite leading contender for the worst support I have ever come across.

Staff seem to be unable to read case notes, have a completely bland and apathetic approach towards any problem, in some cases do not actually understand the problem, do not understand how the application works, appear to be incapable of working on their own, consistently fail to keep us updated or enter relevant information in the notes, are seemingly incapable of understanding what a software bug is even when this is explained to them, do not know how to handle the reporting of software bugs, do not know how to deal with irritated customers and lack any kind of skill in building customer relations.

Their phone lines seem to be poor quality as I've been cut of several times and the web portal experiences problems as information is not displayed, I can't log in or am told that I'm unable to raise or manage cases when I already have cases open.

I am getting sick and tired of the sub-standard level of support and feel that someone a bit higher up the chain needs to know.

2 REPLIES 2

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/terms/support-fundamentals.html

Speak to the duty manager and ask the case to be advance to next level support

A duty manager will not get you any satisfaction. Just another of thousands. Too many customers to matter unless you have serious investment in large scale. Worst support ever. I want to lodge a complaint at the executive level and the tech level is useless.