cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ralus agent crashed on Novell OES Linux server

Andrew2007
Level 4

I would much appreciate any help with the following problem:

I'm using BackupExec 11D (with recent patches), backing up our Novell OES Linux Servers (fully patched) using the ralus agent.

On a regular basis the backup of these OES Linux servers stop with the following error:

V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost.  Backup set canceled.

When I check the Linux server I find that the backup agent is no longer loaded (it has crashed?).

This seems much more frequent on servers with larger data volumes.

In the /etc/VRTSralus/ralus.cfg file we have set "ShowTSAFS=1", this is so the NSS rights are backed up.  I've tried temporarily unsetting this value and the backups are a bit reliable but they still disconnect now and again.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew2007
Level 4
Any ideas anyone?...

mamnmamn
Level 2
Hi,

I am haveing the same issue with VRTSralus. Did you ever find an answer?

Andrew2007
Level 4
Afraid not, no answer at all.  The Ralus agent still crashes every now and then for no reason.

meet
Not applicable
Is Novell OES Linux server installed on 64 bit or 32 bit architecture?

mamnmamn
Level 2
Hi,

To update you to my issue. I spent some time with Symantec support on the phone but they just said they would only support VRTSralus on RHEL5. I use Centos 5 and they won't touch it. They have said that they are looking at supporting other Linux flavours though.

If you want them to develop a version for your dist then enter a post at link below;

http://engweb.symantec.com/enhancement/

I am having to live with the crashes. I have a script that runs every 2 mins at backup times to start the service if it is not running.

mamnmamn