cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Install but no Key

syst_tech
Level 4

Hy there,

I ve got bought the Symantec Backup Exec 10d, a lot of years ago. Now, i want to reinstall the Software on an other server. Ive got the right CD, but icant find the license key, which is needd for the install.

Is ther any possibility to find out the license key?, maybe in the option of Backup Exec, which is installed on my old server?

Thanks a lot,
kind regards.
7 REPLIES 7

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Look for besernum.xml which in version 10D should be in the Windows or WINNT folders... and is text editable to see your licenses, but can also be used with the import button on the license screen to save typing.

__x_so_fab_x__
Level 3
Employee
You may also contact Enterprise Licensing Team (1-800-721-3934 opt 2) , for them to check for your BackUp Exec licenses and the license key for version 10d since you already have the CD.

Edward_Charles
Level 6
Within BE 10d you can also just go to Tools > Serial Numbers & Installations.., then click Next a few times and you can see what's been installed with what serial number.

Regards,

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

If you cannot find the license keys in your server, please contact Licensing team (1-800-721-3934 option 2) so we can run a report to see your license keys for BUE 10d.

tiffworks
Not applicable
When you go to Tools, Serial Numbers and Installation...

License keys are listed, but not for SQL Server Agent, click Next
The feature icon is fully avaialbe (i.e. grey cpu) for the item 'Agent for Microsoft SQL Server"

We use it on a couple of SQL servers in our rack.  We are looking to re-install 10d on a new server, but I don't have the SQL key and it's not listed on the installation page with the other license keys.  It's not in the xml file either.

Is there another place that the SQL agent license key is stored?

__x_so_fab_x__
Level 3
Employee
Since it the information did not appear on your console, it would be better to call Licensing Team, so that they could double check all your licenses for BackUp Exec, even for the previous versions, and for them to find the license keys specifically for your Agent for MSFT  SQL.

Regards.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

if you were backing up SQL and the SQL Agent Key isn't showing - are you installed on a SBS server (with an SBS License for BE)