cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready No idle devices are available.

Not applicable
With BE v10 I've created 4 jobs at the same priority, medium, at different time intervals 1 hour apart. The 2nd job launches while the first job is still running. The message 'Ready; No idle devices are available' appears in the Job Status column for the 2nd job then after a few seconds the job gets automatically scheduled one week in to the future. (The jobs are all weekly jobs). The 1st job continues to run. The 2nd job doesn't. In prior versions of BE, the 2nd job would get queued until the first job finished. Am I missing some global setting here so that I can queue up jobs or is this some kind of new functionality in v10? How do I get multiple jobs to line up and execute? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Hi,

Thank you for posting your query.

We would suggest you to refer to the following suggestions to resolve this issue:

1. Install Service pack1 for Backup exec v10.0 from the following link:

2. Please refer to the following link to install the latest drivers:

Verify the result.

If above mentioned steps failed then refer next steps:

3. Open Backup job properties.

4. Click on Schedule and click on 'Run according to schedule'

5. Under general options select 'Time window' and specify the timings according to your convenience. Also make sure that it should not interact with other jobs.

We hope this information helps, if you have any other questions please respond to the post and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Hello

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards,
Gaurav

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.