cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild?

GreasyGuitar
Level 3

Hi all.  A server running BE 12.5 crashed in one of our remote plants, and I have managed to get it somewhat back up and running.  I wound up having to rebuild the RAID array, redo the boot sector, and a few other things just to get it back into Windows.  Now the registry is so hosed that BE won't start (Backup Exec Device & Media Service dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion).  I've tried repairing the BE install, re-installing WMI, and re-installing SQL Server.  Any further suggestions are welcome, but I'm thinking about just reloading the OS instead of continuing to fight with it.  Any way to back up the settings and configuration for BE?  I really don't want to have to redo the media sets, schedules, etc.  This server is a retired file server, whose only job is to back up the production server.

Thanks in Advance,

Randy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi GreasyGuitar

Simply replacing the folder will not fix the issue. You will have to perform copy database. The link for copy database article is in the above post.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
The "DATA" folder contains the database of Backup Exec and the "CATALOGS" folder contains the catalogs of your backup jobs.

These 2 folders are used to rebuild Backup Exec. Location of these 2 folders is X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec.

Refer to the below link for performing copy database.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/286093

GreasyGuitar
Level 3

Awesome.  Thanks, Amol.  I'm assuming that after I install BE on a rebuilt machine, I should just copy those folders back over into the same folder path?

Thanks Again,

Randy

AmolB
Hi GreasyGuitar

Simply replacing the folder will not fix the issue. You will have to perform copy database. The link for copy database article is in the above post.