cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Exchange 2010 Public Folder database or .edb file

KevanD
Level 3

The Organizational Forms Library in Exchange 2010 got accidentaly recreated deleting all the forms that were in the library.
I need to recover these forms either via Backup Exec 2010R2 or by restoring the Public Folder .edb file to another server and browsing it with some software that is supposed to be able to browse .edb files.

When I try to create a restore job to restore the Public Folder .edb file though I can not see the file where it should be on the server.  Under Microsoft Information Store I can see 3 folders. Mailbox database, NSDCMIDB1 (Which also contains our user mailboxes) and Public Folder Database. But this just seems to be all my Public Folders.  I am looking for a "System" Public Folder.

Can anyone tell me how to recover either just the Public Folder .edb file or The Organizational Forms library content.

All help much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you duplicate to disk you'd be left with your Exchange files used by the app.

So your *.edb, *.stm, logs etc.

Read below on how to duplicate to disk...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

You can probably restore them granularly, but you just need to find them. I think I can point you in the right direction:

Do a restore, and select System State>Active Directory>DC=YourDomain>CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects. It is probably in there somewhere.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you duplicate to disk you'd be left with your Exchange files used by the app.

So your *.edb, *.stm, logs etc.

Read below on how to duplicate to disk...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...