cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover a deleted Job

-Owen-
Level 3
I have deleted a job by mistake, can I recover it?

In job history I tried clicking Retry Job Now but it says that the job has been deleted.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Not a single job definition, but you can recover as of the last Database Maintenance (every night unless  you have changed the default settings)

Find BEDB.BAK in the \Data directory (I think), then run BEUTIL and "Recover Configuration from a file"

Make sure that no media are loaded, because Backup Exec will try to run skipped jobs if you are still in the Backup WIndow

SRodriguez
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Owen:

No, without restoring the whole Backup Exec database back to last dump.  If this just happened now and the DB maintenance ran this morning without problems, then do the following:

1) Verify that the DB maintenance ran and created the dump of the DB.  Go to "\program file\Symantec\backup exe\data\".  Check the date and time of the BEDB.bak file, this should be by default today @ 4:00am.
2) Go to BEUTILITY.EXE and select the Media Server from the All Media Servers. Select the option "Recover Database" under  Database Tasks.
3) Select the option "Drop Existing Database and Reload from Backup" under Database Tasks

Remember, this will put your database to this morning.

Regards,

Sandra Rodriguez
Advanced Technical Support Engineer

-Owen-
Level 3
Thanks for your help, problem resolved