cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect Hyper-V VM to Same Host

hartsell
Level 3

Hello,

I am looking for some help on redirecting a Hyper-V VM to the same host it was backup from but with a different VM name. I want to test re-storing VM's but I do not want to overwrite the original VM.

Any help or pointers would be great. I am using BE2012.

Thanks...

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

Follow the steps below to perform the restore of VM to the same HyperV host but with the different VM name:

1) Select the HyperV host in the Backup & Restore tab and then click on Restore button

2) Now a Restore Wizard window will open. Select the option "Microsoft Hyper-V data" and click Next

3) Select the Virtual Machine which you want to restore. Click Next.

4) On the next page where is ask "Where do you want to restore the data? " select the radio button in fron of "To a different location"

5) Enter the Server name which is same Hyper-V host, drive and Server Path. Ensure that the Drive and Server Path are different than the location of the Original files so as to avoid the overwriting of the files.

6) Click Next Next Next Next and Finish.

After the job is completed you can check the path where the machine is redirected. The VM will not be automatically registered in the Hyper-V manager and will have to be done manually.

Thanks,

-Sush...

hartsell
Level 3

Thank you for the reply. I will try that.