cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Install Problem

Kurt_Foster
Level 2
I am trying to install the Backup Exec remote agent to a few servers. On some of them it works just fine, but on other nearly identical servers I receive the following error: Attempting to connect to server \\X failed with the following error: The account name and/or password supplied is not valid. Please re-enter the login information and try again.

The firewall is not running on the machine in question, so I don't think that the info in document 282178 applies here.

In an attempt to get around this, I have installed the agent locally, but when I try to connect via Backup Exec to create a User-defined selection for backup, I get the same error.
6 REPLIES 6

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly perform the silent installation of the remote agent:

Refer the following Document for the same:

How to do a manual / silent install of the Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) if the push install does not succeed

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265736

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Kurt_Foster
Level 2
As I said previously, I performed the agent install locally and it worked fine, but when I went to create a user-defined share from the server I get the same error about the acount name/password being incorrect.

Robert_Schmidt_
Level 6
Kurt

Have you created a dedicated account in AD for running Backup Exec?
If so, make sure that account (or an admin/backup group in which you may have placed it) is a member of the local Administrators group on each of the servers.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Yes, as suggested by Robert his response, make sure that account which you are using to backup the remote server is a member of the local Administrators group on each of the servers.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Kurt_Foster
Level 2
I have been using a service account that is an administrator on the machine in question, that's why the error doesn't make much sense to me.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

What operating Systems are running on the remote machines? Are the remote machines not in the same domain as the media server?

Please ensure that the remote agent service is running under Lokal System account on media server as well as the remote server.

Also enable the restrict anonymous support on both the machines with the help of the following dokument:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

Restart all the backup exec services on both the servers after having made the changes.

Keep us updated on the issue!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.