cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Install (on evaluation copy)

Gerhard_Goebel_
Level 4
On my test server I had V8.6 3878, MS Exchange, MS SQL, IDR and several remote agents installed (for W2K and XP workstation backup).

I now downloaded the evaluation copy of V10 and installed it over my existing setup. Everything went fine but I am unable to select any remote systems from the Windown network environment.

When selecting Install Remote Agents I just get a windows where on the left I see Windows Remote Agents and Netware Remote Agents. The right portion of the screen (where I normally would see my remote computers) is just empty.

Does this mean there is a problem with the upgrade or that the evaluation copy does not include remote agent support?
1 REPLY 1

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Check if there are any issues with your DNS. Also check if the computers are visible in your network neighbourhood. Check reinvoking the setup to see if the servers are not shown.

Alternatively you could do the following to install the remote agents. You might find this faster :
You would have to uninstall the 8.x Remote Agents and then manually install the remote agent.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258982.htm

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.