cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Installation Error on Windows Server 2003 (Cannot find Path)

aos-stade
Level 3
Hello,

we have a problem with the installation of the remote agent on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2.

When trying to push the installation of the remote agent on the Windows Server 2003 the following error appears:

"Attempt to connect to server \\SERVERNAMEHERE failed with the following error: The system cannot find the path specified."

My installation procedure is the following:

1. [Tools] >> "Install Agents and Media Servers on other Servers..."
  2. [Next] on the welcome screen of the installer
  3. Doubleclick on "Windows Remote Agents" >> "Browse" (I tested both, "Browse" and the direct input of the server name and the domain in the appropriate field >> In the following window I browse through the computers and servers and select the windows 2003 server on which the remote agent shall be installed.
  4. In the "Remote Computer Logon Credentials" window I enter the correct account information and confirm them with "OK"
  5. After a short while the abovementioned error occurs.

Note: The firewall service is deactivated and the server is configured to run as domain controller.

Thanks for any hints and resolutions.

Best regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_R
Level 3
I had this exact same problem with two Domain Controllers. I found I had to do a manual install of the agent, which also required the MSXML 6 parser to be installed. The MSXML parser is in the WINNT\Install folder from the installation CD or extracted download Installer.

I copied the RAWS32 folder and the MSXML folders to each DC under a temp folder. Then you can either run the agent installer, which will automatically find and install the MSXML parser, or first manually install the parser, then run the agent installer.

I hope Symantec fixes this in their next update.

Hope this helps you.

Rob Ralston

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_R
Level 3
I had this exact same problem with two Domain Controllers. I found I had to do a manual install of the agent, which also required the MSXML 6 parser to be installed. The MSXML parser is in the WINNT\Install folder from the installation CD or extracted download Installer.

I copied the RAWS32 folder and the MSXML folders to each DC under a temp folder. Then you can either run the agent installer, which will automatically find and install the MSXML parser, or first manually install the parser, then run the agent installer.

I hope Symantec fixes this in their next update.

Hope this helps you.

Rob Ralston

Roberto_Rosi
Level 2

I'm having the same issue on a DC, but I don't think that doing a manual install is an acceptable solution.

I would like to see a fix from Symantec on this.

Thanks and regards,

Roberto Rosi

mjm01010101
Level 3
I had to install locally also.  The common thread appears to be being a DC it appears.

Roberto_Rosi
Level 2
Anyone from Symantec can provide a solution?