cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Linux (RALUS) 11 on Backup Exec for Windows Servers 10.d

valerio_spisani
Level 2
Hello everybody, here's my problem:

I have a Windows Server (running on Windows XP Professional SP2) with BE 10.d installed on it, and everything works fine. I also bought a RALUS licence for a new installed linux server (the distribution is CentOS/Red Hat), and my reseller sold me a RALUS version 11. I called him and he told me that BE10.d with RALUS 11 should be working without any problem. Then, i got RALUS software from the Symantec download page (and the file is BEWS_11D.7170_LINUX-UNIX-MAC-NT4_AGENTS.2.tar.gz) and I installed on my linux server. I got no problems during installation, the service could be started/stopped without any problem but...on my Windows Server, in the Backup tab I cannot see any Unix/Linux pc, actually I see just my Windows PCs. I tried to reboot both PCs, i tried to manually stop and start services (the agent on linux pc and the veritas service on windows machine) but nothing happens. So, I think this is a compatibility issue, and if so is there a solution/workaround? Thank you very much,

Valerio
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Your reseller is full of crap

A v11d server would talk to a v10d agent, but a v10d media server will NEVER connect to a v11d agent

About all that you can do is look for an agent on EBay or one of the other Auction sites and return the v11d agent

Or, Veritas used to let you EMail them the current version serial and your back-level media server serial, and they would EMail back a back-level serial

Certainly worth a try <shrug>

valerio_spisani
Level 2
Holy s***, I imagined that  Smiley Mad

Well, first of all I will call my reseller asking for "explanations", then I could try to email Veritas in order to obtain a back-level serial...

Thank you very much Ken!

V.