cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent - No LOCAL INSTALL available

pm5k
Level 2
I have been using Backup Exec v 11 for several years now and am trying to upgrade to BE2010.  So far the Application installed properly and 7 of 10 servers upgraded their Remote Agents without issue.

The problem I am having on the other 3 servers is that when I try to upgrade them, Local Install is not available (greyed out).  The only option is "Create a Transform......".  They all currently have the v11 agent installed on them.

I have the problem on a Windows 2000 Server, as well 2003, but other 2000/2003 upgraded without issue.  Is there some sort of prerequisite that I'm not seeing that would cause this?  I updated to all the latest windows service packs hoping that this would solve the problem, but still no local install available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_T
Level 6
Try local install on one server:
1  : uninstall remote agent
2  : Copy 2 folders from backup exec server to the remote server  (RAWS32 and MSXML) form the path C:\parg files\symantec\backup exec\agent

3  : Copy these folders in a seperate folder on the remote computer
4  : Run setup.exe from RAWS32 folder and check if remote agent is getting installed...

hope this helps...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Are all the servers that are having problems, media servers or remote servers?  If they are remote servers, you should push out the remote agents from the media server.

Note that Windows 2000 cannot be used as  media servers for BE 2010.  You can only use them as remote servers.

Dev_T
Level 6
Try local install on one server:
1  : uninstall remote agent
2  : Copy 2 folders from backup exec server to the remote server  (RAWS32 and MSXML) form the path C:\parg files\symantec\backup exec\agent

3  : Copy these folders in a seperate folder on the remote computer
4  : Run setup.exe from RAWS32 folder and check if remote agent is getting installed...

hope this helps...

pm5k
Level 2

These were only Remote Servers.  I first tried the Push from the Media Server, but still had error, although this time it stated that I needed to uninstall the previous version first.  I uninstalled the old remote agent, and tried the push again sucessfully. 

I find it odd that 7 other servers upgraded the agent, while 3 of them made me first uninstall it.  But, as long as it works.

Thanks for your help.