Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 - Restore

jhall66
Level 2
Hello -

I am trialing Backup Exec.  

2 of my file servers I have scheduled incremental backups during the week (Monday to Friday) - on the weekends - I have these server do a scheduled full back up.  

Last week all of these jobs ran full and successful backups; however, when I go  to restore only the incremental backups are available to restore.  If I run a Full backup manually it is available for restore.

Why is this happening?  Why am I not able to restore from scheduled backups?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
Hi jhal66,
check the if the incremental backups, or other jobe are not ovewriting the full backup tape.
when you click on restore tab, what you see?

Regards,
JoaoMatos

tech29
Level 6
Hi There,

check the job log for your schedule weekend full backup, that will show you which media (tape) was used for this full backup.

then go to the devices tab, and select the tape which was used for full backup, right click and click on restore and check what backups you see there.

Also make sure this tape is not getting overwritten by any other jobs.

Regards,
tech29

Nimish_Patel
Level 5
Employee Accredited
you can also check if the begining backup date and ending backup date are unchecked in the restore window and see if the you can see your backups.

on the restore selection window click on view by media and see if the tape on which your scheduled full back had ran is listed there.

jhall66
Level 2
IT seems as though they are being overwritten - I have created two vaults.  One for daily backup to keep the media for a week and one for the weekly backups which will keep it for 4 weeks before being overwritten.  Hopefully this solves the issue.

Thanks

tech29
Level 6
yes, that should resolve it.. one thing though, you are going to need more tapes now for your backups as the weekly tape is going to be overwritten protected for 4 weeks. (earlier it was not overwrite protected so your daily jobs were able to overwrite these tapes)

Regards,
tech29.

If this resolves your issue please mark as solution to close this discussion.