cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent install problem

Mark_Wettstein
Level 4
Hello all:

I have just installed Backup Exec v11d, and tried to push install the Remote Agent (RAWS) to a server not in our domain, but still local on our network and local to the media server. I get the Windows Server/NetWare Server options for Add Computer or Manually add option. After I input an admin username, password, and the remote server's domain, I get an error related to:

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

The error mentions to view http://support.veritas.com/docs/282613. However, the suggestions are not mentioning the no mapping error.

Does anyone know what can be done to fix this problem? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Mark
6 REPLIES 6

Simon_1976
Level 4
Partner
You can install the remote agent on that server manually.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

Could you get back to us with more detailed information about your Environment?

What do you mean by: a server not in our domain, but still local on our network and local to the media server.

Thanks
regards

Mark_Wettstein
Level 4
Hello Amruta:

The media server is in domain galaxy-inc. The 2nd server is in domain galax. Both are in our building, using the same subnet. The media server's IP is 192.168.1.10, and the 2nd server's IP is 192.168.1.30.

Mark

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Mrak,

Thanks for the Information. I still have some more Questions for you.

- Do these two Domains share a TRUST?
- IF yes, is it one way or two way?
- If no, can we configure a two way trust between them?
- Have you tried entering the IP Address and the names of the remote Servers in the HOSTS file on the media Server and vice-versa?
- Try activating Advertising. You could refer to the following article for the same:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/275418

Thanks
Regards

Mark_Wettstein
Level 4
Hello Amruta:

I was able to resolve the issue by installing the Remote Agent locally on the 2nd server. Thanks.

Mark

Mark_Wettstein
Level 4
Sorry, forgot to tag the message as my question has been answered.