cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent seems to freeze

Michael_R_bel
Not applicable
Hello,

I have a problem with BE 10.1. I have a media server with a LTO-Tape drive installed. This server backups itself (works great!) and second server via the network. This second server has the remote agent installed (via the BE GUI).

If I try to backup the remote server, the connection is established (can be seen in the log), but then the job freezes. This happens always, but not always at the same point. It might happen while backing up the first file on the first volume, it might happen during backup the second or the third volume on the remote server. But It will happen and the only possibilty then is to cancel the whole job. I implemented an automatic cancellation, otherwise all my other backup jobs will hang.

Network connectivity between the servers is ok. I can copy large files with nearly 80Mbit/s - that`s fine for 100MBit/s-connections.

I removed the antivirus software from the remote server - same result. I reinstalled also the remote agent and let it create a beremote.log - same problem, no information from the log file. As a last try, I downgraded to BE 10.0 with SP2, but the issue remains the same

HELP, PLEASE!

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Are you backing up any database on the remote machine? Are you using the advanced open file option for backups? Have you also selected the shadow copy components for backups?

Please ensure that the remote agent service is running under Lokal System account on media server as well as the remote SQL server.

Also enable the restrict anonymous support on both the machines with the help of the following dokument:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

Restart all the backup exec services on both the servers after having made the changes.

Please download the tcpview utility from the following URL:

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

Run it on both the machines to ensure that the beremote.exe is listening to port 10000.

Hope it helps!